Phil McGrath and his brothers and sisters are fourth-generation Oxnard farmers. The McGrath Family Ranch was started by Phil’s great grandfather back in the late 1860s. The main ranch house was completed in 1879 off of Gonzales Road, one mile from the ocean in Oxnard. By the time his grandfather out lived his life, over 700 acres were acquired. But it was his four sons – Hugo, Robert, Frank and Joseph – who built the ranches exceeding over 5,000 acres between Ventura and Port Hueneme along the coast. Joseph was Phil’s grandfather who ended up with the outer ranches that now make up Camarillo, Montalvo, and the Channel Islands Marina. Camarillo comprises the McGrath Family Farms. Farmers from all walks of life now have the privilege to serve our community while continuing the tradition of the McGrath Farm.